Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
54321 THUNDERBIRDS are go!
Have a FAB time with International Rescue aboard Thunderbird 2
This LEGO set proposal is based on the Classic 1960s animated science fiction TV series Thunderbirds created by Gerry and Sylvia Anderson. Growing up I loved watching the Thunderbirds with its epic and detailed vehicle designs, practical effects and exciting characters and missions.
Set in the mid- 2060s a team called International Rescue go on exciting missions with futuristic tech and vehicles. One of the most iconic of these is Thunderbird 2 which features pods that can hold other vehicles, such as Thunderbird 4 which is designed for underwater missions.
If you think Classic Thunderbirds would make a FAB LEGO set click the blue support button, and share the link on social media. If it gets 10,000 supporters it could become a real LEGO set sold in stores and online!
The images shown are renders to showcase what it would look like with printed parts, and all parts in the right colors. This short video showcases that it works as a physical build. The core frame of TB2 is very robust, and does not stress the elements.
- Thunderbird 2: features a cockpit roof that can detach showing a detailed cockpit interior with Microfigures, controls and various printed parts. Pod can detach and hold one vehicle. Design includes two 2x3 tiles for Pod. One tile printed with the number 4, for TB4 and the other printed with 3 for the Master Elevator Car, and Mole. Thunderbird 2 has a new leg design that enables the legs to fold out of the bodywork, as shown in the video.
- Three smaller vehicles: Thunderbird 4, The Mole, and The Master Elevator Car. Each of these can fit inside the pod.
- 3 Microfigures of IR members Virgil, and Gordon Tracy, and Brains that give a sense of scale to the model. They can be placed in the cockpit or on a 1x3 yellow, or green brick with FAB printed on.
- 1 Minifigure of Virgil Tracy the main pilot of Thunderbird 2, with an alternate head showing his stressed expression. I will look into wigs as an update.
- Thunderbird 2 cockpit chair that can tilt as in the show, and have Virgil seated, or in a more upright position.
Have any thoughts what pod vehicles you would like to see? Let me know in the comments.
- Total set part count around 753
- TB2 measures 11" long 8.25" wide 4" high, and 7" high with legs on.
Thank you for your support and consideration.