Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
This model represents the huge cargo plane, the Antonov AN-255 'Mriya'. This aircraft was designed by the Antonov Design Bureau, in Ukraine during the time of the Soviet Union. It is currently regarded as the heaviest plane in the world, powered by 6 turbofan engines.
It was originally designed to carry the Buran, a Russian/Soviet space shuttle. After completing its purpose for the Soviet Union, it was abandoned until refurbished, and put into use by Antonov Airlines.
The plane first flew on December 21, 1988 from Kiev. It was displayed at multiple air shows, until the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991. In the start of the 21st century, the need for this aircraft became known, so it was put back into service. Later, in 2006, it was decided to complete a second AN-225. The Soviet Union had started to build a second AN-225, but stored it when it collapsed in 1991.
Antonov and the Airspace Industry Corporation of China, in August 2016, agreed to resume production of the AN-225, and aim to fly their first one in 2019. It is planned to be used as a midair launchpad to put satellites into orbit.
- Includes cargo bay. Cockpit can be turned on hinge to open bay. There is also access from the back in case there is difficulty opening the front.
- Includes flaps and rudders for added realism.
- 6 engines, 3 on each side.
- Includes landing gear on the bottom of the model.
- Between wings, there is a big white plate. Take it off if you want to attach planes on the top, like the Buran.
Thank you for taking a look!