Via Rail Canada - The Corridor
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
This is 1 of 2 of my Via Rail projects. Please see my other project: Via Rail Canada - The Canadian.
Getting 10,000 supporters can make this project a real LEGO set. You can help by voting for my project! Simply click ‘Support’ at the top right of this page to vote for my project.
Via Rail Canada’s The Corridor is an inter-city train line that connects cities such as Windsor, Toronto, Montreal, Kingston, Ottawa, and Quebec City. This iconic North American train is a fan-favorite version of the EMD F40PH-2D locomotive. These classic train locomotives were used by Via Rail since 1986 and are still in service today.
This locomotive pulls two Bombardier LRC (Light Rapid Comfortable) passenger cars with 2 distinct classes: the regular Economy Class, and the luxurious Business Class. The passenger car’s side doors can open, and stair steps can flip down for ground access. Each LRC car also has its own galley, luggage rack, and restroom.
This set makes for a great souvenir for travelers as well as a great addition to a LEGO fan’s train/city layout. This set features many clever building techniques that were used to capture a high-level of detail.
- Train measures 85 cm long, 5 cm wide, 7 cm tall. 1402 pieces.
- Most of the decorated pieces are printed, making for an easy-to-assemble
- Includes F40PH-2D locomotive and two LRC passenger cars (economy and
business class), and 6 minifigures (Engineer, Conductor, Steward, and 3
- Passenger car side doors can open, and roof lifts open for access to the
interior. The passenger cars also feature steps that can flip down.
- Compatible with the Powered UP 88009 Hub, 88001 Train
Motor, 88005 Lights, and the Powered Up app.
- Real sound effects (engine sound, bell, horn, doppler horn) from the Via
Rail F40PH locomotive on the Powered Up app
Thank you very much for viewing the Via Rail Canada - The Corridor! To see more pictures, please see the "Updates" tab for an even more detailed tour of each train car.