Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
The 2014 film Interstellar flung audiences far away from a dying Earth on a desperate expedition to find a new home among the stars. With this detailed and playable minifigure-scale model of the Ranger spacecraft used by the NASA astronauts on their journey, you can relive their adventure (or come up with your own).
- Includes the TARS robot (with alternate decals for CASE and KIPP provided) and five astronaut minifigures: Cooper, Brand, Romilly, Doyle, and Mann.
- Touch down with the working landing gear that stays hidden in flight, or display the Ranger on the included stand. The stand has a simple but sturdy docking mechanism so that the model can be easily removed and swooshed around.
- Unfold the rear hatch and open the sliding cabin doors for the crew to enter and exit.
- Remove the top of the craft to access the cabin, which features seating for four astronauts and TARS, along with fuel, navigation and docking consoles.
- The project (including Ranger, stand, and figures) contains approximately 1050 pieces.
The Ranger’s shallow angles made capturing the shape in brick form quite challenging, which is part of why I opted for the windows to be masked in with decals. While I was happy to see the dozens of hours of work I poured into making Interstellar’s Ranger come together, the model could no doubt get even better with the help of a professional LEGO designer. To that end, if you want to see this become a real LEGO set, your support is greatly appreciated. Thank you!