Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
This garish red Interceptor has never been produced by Lego, it is a very distinctive looking expanded universe TIE. Unlike the vanilla Interceptors, these variants had a hyperdrive and defense shields. I have also done a revamped TIE Avenger and Defender to go along with the other updated TIEs.
This model has been designed to look as much like Paulwiseone's TIE Interceptor as possible, but the wings are constructed differently in order to take the extra weight, and provide the mounting points for the extra fins.
Info about this bright red crazy fighter can be found here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Emperor%27s_Royal_Guard_TIE/In_starfighter
Thank you to Vean for the renders!
Please check out my TIE Avenger and TIE Defender designs:
Please check out PaulWiseOne's TIE Interceptor and TIE Advanced x1 designs:
Please check out our TIE Bomber design:
And last but certainly not least, Krispijin's Assault Gunboat and Missile Boat, which fit perfectly with the growing imperial fleet!
Front view, this variant features extra fins, presumably to vent the extra heat produced by the shield and hyperdrive. I have used the modified wing mounts and struts as used in my Avenger to support the extra weight, so they should be very strong.
Side view, this variant maintains the sleek 'dagger-like' wing arrangement of the vanilla Interceptor. You can see my 181st TIE Interceptor variant in the background.
Comparison image with the standard Interceptor, with a random cameo by a Grand Admiral Thrawn minifig!
Top view. I realise that the fins on one side are upside-down due to the copying and pasting of the wing assembly. I will fix this soon, honest!