Historic Hotel Monte Vista
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Dive into American History of the 1920´s and discover this iconic Lego set. The idea of this model was to transform the historic and famous Hotel Monte Vista in Flagstaff / Arizona into a playable modular building set. It hosted famous actors and rock stars like John Wayne, Michael J. Fox, Jon Bon Jovi, Clark Gable or Freddy Mercury. The Hotel Monte Vista was the premiere lodging choice for many Hollywood stars and musicians in the 40´s and 50´s and today it has not lost any of it’s charm. That’s why I choose this building as model for my Lego set.
It contains more than 2.680 pieces that are all available. The base plate is a 32 x 32 plate in reddish brown.
The model is build of four single elements:
- The ground floor with the office, the reception and the bar.
- The first floor with two guest rooms, a water dispenser and the iconic sign at the outside in sand green.
- The second floor with a suite with exclusive bath room and tiles in medium azure and a ladder to the roof top.
- The roof with the iconic two Monte Vista signs
Measures over 17” (44cm) high, 9” (25cm) long and 9” (25cm) wide.
The set fits perfectly to the Lego modular building series.
If you have any comments or suggestions, please leave a comment!