Classic School Bus
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
A quick update here. Thank you for voting and sharing! The amount of support this project has received is an amazing achievement. Rest assured, I will relaunch the project in the coming months. Please follow me to stay updated and to know when it will launch again:
Just a quick update to add this image - a fun image to work on. Thanks for 2500 votes and onward!
Just a quick update to say thank you! Passing 2000 votes is a great acheivement. For now, I continue to change things a bit as I see things I can improve upon. I really think this would be a Lego set that many people would enjoy.
Thanks and keep sharing!
A few design changes and a better renderOn
I've changed the front lights and mirrors to what I think is a better design. I am also experimenting with Blender, and have a new image to share. My thanks to www.Mecabricks.com for the help.
Thanks for the continued suppport, and please share and comment!
First, I want to give a huge thank you for 1000 votes! It would not be possible without you sharing and being a part of this. It means a lot to me to see that this project appeals to many people, and I think that it is just the right size for a Lego set. Please take a moment to share this project on your social media or website of choice, as it makes a huge difference. You can also find me on Instagram and Flickr.
I have made a few small adjustments to the school bus:
1. The seat tops are now a different element that better resemble a large padded bus seat (shown below).
2. After building the bus, (with non-matching colors) I have decided to shorten it by one window’s length (2 studs). I initially did not want to lose any seat capacity, however I think it will be improved in this manner. The image below is the previous length before shortening. Hi-res here. The next update will have images reflecting the new length.
The piece count has dropped slightly from 572 to 556.
I'm in the process of trying to make some improved renders with Blender, so keep an eye out for that. For now, enjoy some fun variations on the bus design: