Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
The yellow school bus is common sight growing up in the United States and around the world. For many people, it symbolizes childhood and education. I based the design on a mix of the most common school bus styles, and I wanted it to have a “classic” feel, so it is not based on one specific era.
The set includes children who are riding the bus, as well as the bus driver, a safety crosswalk person, and parent waiting for the bus with the children. It would be a great addition to any Lego city.
Cool features include:
- The bus seats 10 passengers plus driver.
- Removable roof.
- Side stop sign.
- Safety bar on front.
- Hood that opens to reveal engine.
- Side door battery compartment.
- Fire extinguisher.
Some other little details:
- The color “School Bus Yellow” is a specific color used only for school buses for safety purposes, and I think Flame Yellowish Orange would be a great match. (Note: the rendered images make not precisely match the color.)
- It was important that the standard minfigures as well as the shorter minifigures could fit on the bus, and I arrived at a seat design that works for either size.
- Total piece count: 572.
Thanks for looking, and I appreciate the support!
Any sharing would be helpful!