Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
This is a small scale semi truck with a trailer built mostly with stud-less Technic pieces.
The core of this concept is the possibility of using Technic curved panels to build a really small semi tractor with a sleeping cab that contains required motors in the chassis and the Technic Hub in the sleeping cab.
UPDATE 12.10.2020 - I have rebuilt the tractor model with Technic Hub and Powered Up motors and everything fits inside the tractor including hub with batteries.
The drive showcase below was filmed in space-constrained photo scene and thus most of the time the truck was moving with speed reduced to 50% of what the motors can do, although there are moments showing how fast it can sprint at 100%. This was made with third party control app because control+ app requires specific ports to be used with specific motors to work. If this was to be made as a control+ ready set, it would have gearbox-like speed up control thanks to the control+ app.
There is a potential for building a B-Model for this kit that would use the tractor to build a standalone truck with some kind of functionality where battery pack/hub is mounted in place of trailer saddle. Example B-model snow plow truck is shown in last photos.
- mostly built with stud-less Technic pieces
- tractor cab built with curved Technic panels
- detailed interior
- neatly fitting motors inside the frame and cab
- neatly fitting battery/hub inside the trailer
- example trailer functionality of a two-stage vehicle ramp raised with a single motor and two Lego cords.
- example B-model of a stand-alone utility truck with a snow plow
Potential features that could be added in the final kit:
- use of control+ motors and hub
- open'able doors on the main cabin
- stickers for sleeping cab doors/windows and vehicle number plates on bumpers.
- different trailer functionality using up to two motors connected to the control+ hub
- different styles of trailers built upon this basic frame.
- B-model using the base tractor and bricks from the trailer to construct some stand-alone utility truck, maybe with two additional motor functions or a functionality driven from the main tractor motor.
The final set could be a kit including control+ motor functions or just be a control+ ready kit. It can be either standalone semi tractor or a full set with a trailer and some kind of cargo.
The original Power Function based model showcase video can be found here:
The original model was built with power functions and 3rd party controller to enable 3rd motor control for a two-stage ramp on the trailer. The battery was placed in the trailer though and connected through the big turntable working as a trailer saddle because the controller and steering servo were placed in the sleeping cabin.
The original model of the tractor was recreated in stud.io (read more in the updates)
If you like this model, take a look at my other Technic ideas, you will find more interesting ideas for small scale Technic builds like this one there.