Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
The human skull is composed of bones and cartilage and forms the basis of a human’s head. The bones within a human skull can be divided into two main groups:
- Cranium bones - 10 bones which form a cavity to protect the brain from injury
- Face bones - 14 bones which support the face and dictate an individual’s appearance, including the lower jaw (mandible bone) which hinges with the base of the cranium
This idea is to produce a life-size / realistic model of a human skull with a hinged jaw. Designed originally using the SketchUp 3D modelling tool, it was then built in Lego using standard bricks and plates. The cranium is hollow so could be adapted into a money box, or further extended onto a neck and shoulders skeleton base.
The model uses 1166 pieces and makes a great display piece. I am currently working on a full human skeleton, but I appreciate that this would be too large for a single Lego ideas project.
I hope you enjoy and vote for this model so that I can share it with you. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.