Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
The Old Flour Mill was inspired by many old Lego sets available in the 1970's and I always thought they were so cool. I wanted to make a nice windmill but also add playable features like "grinding" wheat (or bricks) into flour by using a renewable energy source to teach kids about conserving energy as well. Also recently Lego has not produced windmills but wind turbines. I wanted something more classic and more rustic that would fit into some nice scenery. I also wanted it to be motorized so I added a hidden battery box that is exposed in the back along with an M-Motor under the scenery to power the whole mill.
Features of the Model:
- Adjustable speed motorized windmill and grinding stone
- 360 Degree rotatable windmill (The piece on top that will swivel).
- A scenic garden that can be expanded outside of the model
- An old style windmill design to appeal to all ages!
- Many more features to come in updates! Stay tuned!
Windmills originate from about the 9th century and have evolved through time to become what I present to you above which is a flour mill. They were also used to grind corn and pump water when they were used. Today they are used as a renewable energy source for electricity and are very sustainable.
I hope that you will take the time to support, share, and follow this design. I hope my love of windmills can take a Lego form for many to enjoy. I hope you will help me and yourself get to 10,000 supporters. Please any critics or suggestions are always welcome! I am happy to improve on my design if possible!