Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
The kākāpō (Strigops habroptila) is an iconic flightless, nocturnal parrot that is endemic to New Zealand. The kākāpō is critically endangered with a population of only 149 individuals.
I chose to design and build a kākāpō as I am passionate about New Zealand and its unique wildlife. Weighing in at whopping 251 grams, this build is made of 473 parts and measures 10cm x 22cm x 9cm (or 10cm x 22cm x 22cm with the wings fully extended).
- Features posable wings and tail feathers
- Great display piece, or fully swoopable if you're into breaking rules
- The eyes are printed tiles as found in the Brickheadz sets
- The most partying parrot on the internet!
Great for both conservation and conversation:
Mate - "Hey bro, what's that thing?"
You - "Lego kākāpō."
Mate - "Sweet as."
You too can contribute to kākāpō recovery and conservation by adopting your own kākāpō