Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Welcome to my favourite project, the Vintage Tugboat!
This is a tribute to the LEGOLAND 4005 set, The Tugboat from 1982, which I still have in my collection. Actually, the hull of this project is from the original set, and it still floats perfectly with its keel.
I wanted to create a similar Tugboat to the original one, so the size, the structure, the functions, and the main colours (including minifigure clothing and hat) are the same. The set is a stable and easy-to-build one, so it can be suitable toy for kids. Due to the fact that LEGO hasn't released any Tugboat since 1982, I guess this could be an interesting idea.
The project includes:
- A minifigure with captain hat
- An oil barrel and a foldable wooden seat in the front part of the boat
- Life belts on both sides of the cabin
- An anchor with a rope
- A broom and a lamp on sides of the cabin entrance
- Gauges, a drawer, the wheel, the radio, and a keypad inside the cabin
- Foldable spots, speaker and the boat antenna on the top of the cabin
- A bag, a wooden seat and the captain's cup and drink in the middle of the deck
- An operating tow hook, motor grille and chimneys on the back part of the deck
- The tow hook operation panel and tools (hammer, wrench, engine degreaser) on the sides of the tow hook.