Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
The Clockwork Menagerie
Hand crafted & intricately detailed, come view our wide array of ferrous fauna!
Set Features -
- 2,999 pieces
- Flight Works Compatible! – Connect the walkways to create a Steam-Punk themed city!
- Hinged Frame – Open to view interior or Closed for a stand-alone building
- 2 Clockwork Mechanisms:
- Inverted Clock – Turn the steam vent to cause the 3 clock faces to rotate. The minute face rotates 12 times faster than the hour face, which rotates 2 times faster than the AM/PM disk.
- Spinning Display Stands – Turn the wheels on the front of the shop to spin the display stands, allowing you to view your new pet from every angle.
- 8 Minifigures – 1 Proprietor, 1 Debutante, 3 Store Workers, 1 Flower Seller, 1 Celebrity, & 1 Tinker
- 2 Vehicles – 1 Flying Delivery Truck & 1 Steam-Powered Flower Cart
- Tons of Clockwork Animals! – Birds, Beatles, Goats, Penguins, Pigs, Dragons, 3 Kinds of Dogs, & a Giant Eagle!
Other fun details include –
- Pet Repair Station
- Ornamented Staircase
- Glass Covered Skywalk
- Domed Roof
- Internal Spiral Staircase
- Pig-Mounted Service Counter
- Large Display Windows with Brass Wings
Designer’s Notes –
Clockwork animals are luxury items, hard to maintain & made from expensive materials, so their store needed to be truly opulent. There’s a lot I’m proud of in this set, but the clock took the longest to figure out. I was obsessed with getting the hands to spin at the proper ratios. In the end, it was simpler to spin the faces instead. Attach a motor to the drive-shaft & it could even be used as a real clock! So crank those gears by clicking the support button & together we’ll get the Clockwork Menagerie ready to run!