Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
Your one-stop-shop for the latest steam-powered flying machines!
Set Features -
- 2,650 pieces
- Hinged Frame – Open to view the interior or Close for a stand-alone building
- 4 Clockwork Mechanisms:
- Steam-Crane - Turn the lever on the base to rotate the crane. Then, turn the large gear to reel in the hook & lift the flying machines up to the ramp.
- Maintenance Conveyor – Flying machines drive up the ramp onto the circular platform. Rotate the platform & slide it down to the maintenance area.
- Corkscrew-Powered Lift - Spin steam vent on top to raise or lower the elevator.
- Sliding Ladder – Slide the ladder back & forth to access additional parts to customize your flying machines.
- 7 Minifigures - 2 Drivers, 1 Tinker, 1 Mechanic Girl, 1 Clerk, 1 Mom, & 1 Young Aviator
- 2 Flying Machines – Luxury or Utility
- Clockwork Animals – 1 Goat, 2 Large Dogs, 1 Chihuahua
Other fun details include –
- Shelving units with spare parts & lights embedded above
- Boiler to provide steam-power for the crane
- Cantilevered steel support beams to prop up the balcony
- Take-off ramp with toothed rails to mesh with gear shaped wheels
- Folding doors leading to the balcony
- Spiral staircase connecting the balcony to the roof
- Work desk with brass light fixtures, writing utensils, & a round swivel chair
- Skylights looking down on the second floor
- Store lobby with reception desk & heating unit
- Lampposts with Tesla-coils & iridescent gears for bulbs
- Cobble-stone patterned bridge and walkway
Designer’s Notes –
I hope Flight Works appeals to a broad range of audiences. My goal was to design a set which was both artistic & functional, while keeping true to my own sense of fun. It wasn’t until after several hours of tinkering around with LDD & completing about half the building that I decided on a Steam-Punk themed workshop. Which, after 5 seconds of thought, I ‘punnily’ named Flight Works. I’m rather proud of the end result & would like to see this model ‘take off’. So, eject some steam into this engine by clicking the support button & together we’ll make Flight Works ready to soar!