Your one-stop-shop for the latest steam-powered flying machines!
Set Features -
- 2,650 pieces
- Hinged Frame – Open to view the interior or Close for a stand-alone building
- 4 Clockwork Mechanisms:
- Steam-Crane - Turn the lever on the base to rotate the crane. Then, turn the large gear to reel in the hook & lift the flying machines up to the ramp.
- Maintenance Conveyor – Flying machines drive up the ramp onto the circular platform. Rotate the platform & slide it down to the maintenance area.
- Corkscrew-Powered Lift - Spin steam vent on top to raise or lower the elevator.
- Sliding Ladder – Slide the ladder back & forth to access additional parts to customize your flying machines.
- 7 Minifigures - 2 Drivers, 1 Tinker, 1 Mechanic Girl, 1 Clerk, 1 Mom, & 1 Young Aviator
- 2 Flying Machines – Luxury or Utility
- Clockwork Animals – 1 Goat, 2 Large Dogs, 1 Chihuahua
Other fun details include –
- Shelving units with spare parts & lights embedded above
- Boiler to provide steam-power for the crane
- Cantilevered steel support beams to prop up the balcony
- Take-off ramp with toothed rails to mesh with gear shaped wheels
- Folding doors leading to the balcony
- Spiral staircase connecting the balcony to the roof
- Work desk with brass light fixtures, writing utensils, & a round swivel chair
- Skylights looking down on the second floor
- Store lobby with reception desk & heating unit
- Lampposts with Tesla-coils & iridescent gears for bulbs
- Cobble-stone patterned bridge and walkway
Designer’s Notes –
I hope Flight Works appeals to a broad range of audiences. My goal was to design a set which was both artistic & functional, while keeping true to my own sense of fun. It wasn’t until after several hours of tinkering around with LDD & completing about half the building that I decided on a Steam-Punk themed workshop. Which, after 5 seconds of thought, I ‘punnily’ named Flight Works. I’m rather proud of the end result & would like to see this model ‘take off’. So, eject some steam into this engine by clicking the support button & together we’ll make Flight Works ready to soar!