Metroid: Samus Aran's Gunship
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Mission Progress: 30% Complete - Zebesian Ambush!On
For the first time, we are facing our first obstacle in our mission. I't time to struggle against the dreaded... budget: The production budget for this hypothetical set. Would it be possible to include some zebesian space pirates within that budget?
The set is expected to include a pair of zebesians, but you are welcome to tell in the comments the number and/or the variants do you actually prefer. NOTE: Keep in mind the 10 designs showed in the following picture are just design alternatives. The set is NOT expected to include all of them.
Mission Progress: 25% Complete - Helmet UpdateOn
- We have reached a new milestone in the roadmap. It's time for a suit upgrade!
- After all the request, Samus has finally got a helmet. The armor piece has also been replaced for a more detailed existing element, keeping the 2D design decoration from "Samus Returns".
- This is the final selection of helmet designs. Fell free to pick your favourites in the "Comments" section.
A - CUSTOM / NEW PART
- A completely all-new 3D element design never released before. Considering the relevance/iconicity of the character, and the qualitty everyone expects for a LEGO product, this should be the most suitable option.
- NOTE- LEGO Ideas does not allow new part designs for projects ideas. Therefore, design B would appear in the main pictures instead of this one. This design is featured here purely to persuade The LEGO Group to break that rule.
- A new mold would require some extra time to develop the final product. In any case, "Metroid Prime 4" is proof that this fanbase has a considerable level of patience.
- This design consist of three different plastic sections. The forehead and the visor can also be printed. This would allow to exploit the same mold to make different collectable variants. * NOTE: Only one helmet is expected to be included in the set.
B - CLASSIC/STANDARD
- Several helmets designs have been tested as purist alternatives to the "A". Alongside "B", These could be considered the "less bad" ones.
C - "Mando"
D - "Federation Force"
E - "Zotaxian Insectoid"
F - "CMF Spaceman"
- Suggested by user KaijuWorld
- We have already completed 1/4 of the mission. A new substantial update awaits at the next milestone of 5000 supporters. Now that we have a fully upgraded suit, we are ready to explore Norfair...
Mission Progress: 18% CompleteOn
- Greetings, Bounty Hunters. Thanks for your unvaluable support.
- I am glad to announce that you have unlocked the roadmap of planned updates/upgrades for this project.
- All of the upcoming updates are aimed to cover each and every request received in the comments.
- 0,1% - 001 Supporters - SAMUS ARAN'S GUNSHIP - PROJECT SUBMITTED
- 1% - 100 Supporters - ENERGY TANK - +365 DAYS EXPANSION
- 10% - 1000 Supporters - ENERGY TANK - +180 DAYS EXPANSION
- 18% - 1800 Supporters - NAVIGATION ROOM - ROADMAP REVEALED
- 25% - 2500 Supporters - CHOZO STATUE - ???
- 50% - 5000 Supporters - ENERGY TANK - FINAL +180 DAYS EXPANSION
- 50% - 5000 Supporters - NORFAIR - ???
- 99% - 9900 Supporters - FINAL UPDATE - ???
- 100% - 10000 Supporters - MISSION COMPLETE
- As you can see, this is a very simple linear walkthrough, but it is open for secret rooms/backtracking. Until the 10k goal you can still comment new suggestions... realistically speaking (don't ask me to include a Waluigi minifigure, for example).
- You may be heavily interested on the nearest upgrade, just 700 supports away...
- Very special thanks to the websites that promoted the project in the last weeks: Metroid Database & Bricknauts
Mission Progress: 10% CompleteOn
- As you may have noticed, we have already gather 1.000 people looking for the similar goal of turning LEGO Metroid into a tangible reality!
- Definitely better than a Zero percent, but there is still a long walkthrough to complete our Mission.
- Very special thanks/muchísimas gracias to the websites that promoted the project in this early weeks.: The Brothers Brick, BrickVault and Nintenderos.
- If you have found any other site generating some buzz, let me know in the comments and it will be added to the list. And of course, feel free to promote the project out there to spread the word.
- Don't forget to give your feedback. I am taking note of all request, and they will be covered in the next updates.