This castle wall can be transformed into a (half) chess board by moving the checkered base from bottom to upwards.
The (ambitious) idea is to have one set per faction (Lion Knights, Falcons, Forestmen or whatever it is), so you can complete the chessboard with 2 different sets and challenge your friends for a chess battle.
Furthermore, the aim is to provide a castle wall and more 16
minifigures (including the
of Lion Knights' Castle
) to increase playability and fun for those who own other castle sets like the 10305 or similar.
Why support this project:
- 2 in 1 set: increase playability and fun in your medieval diorama or challenge a friend to a chess game
- useful for who love castle theme and want more minifigures (16 more)
- missing knight's Lion King in new castle 10305 included in this set
How it works:
This is a small example of how interior decoration can be:
Use minifigures as chess pieces
The archers will be used as paws, the interior statues as rooks and the royal guards as Bishops.
Why not use it to play checkers (draughts) too?
You can use just the minifigures stand to play checkers too.
Each square of the board measures 4x4 stud and there is no 3x3 minifigures stand I created it myself.
The build has around 850 pieces and of course... 16 minifigures.
- Possibility to connect the walls directly with the new castle 10305
- Whole chess as fortress in a single (openable version) set using hinge bricks 3830/3831 with 2 factions already included (see photos in UPDATES section)
Thank you all, I appreciate your support, advice or criticism!