Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
The London eye consisting of over 1400 pieces.
Here are some facts about the eye.
- 135 metres (443 feet) high
- 32 capsules each carrying up to 25 passengers, making a capacity of 800 people.
- 1700 tonnes of steel makes up the Eye.
- The wheel moves at half a mile an hour, taking thirty minutes to complete a full rotation.
- The London Eye was officially opened on 31 December 1999 by then Prime Minister Tony Blair. - Due to teething problems, paying passengers weren't able to take a flight until March 2000.
Where? - The London Eye sits on the south bank of the River Thames in Jubilee Gardens, a few minutes from Waterloo station.
- To celebrate the turning of the new millennium in 2000. It was one of a number of projects to commemorate the coming of the third millennium, including the ill-fated Millennium Dome (now the O2), Greenwich.
- Sections of the London Eye were floated down the River Thames on pontoons. They were then carefully raised by a series of very slow cranes.
Thanks for looking.