Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
The siege of Minas Tirith, as seen in "The Return of the King," is an iconic scene from The Lord of the Rings theme that LEGO has not yet made into brick form. I believe this is a critical scene that deserves to be made, and as I have shown above, the set can exist as a manageable size, with plenty of figures and play features, while maintaining its signature appearance.
I made this set with the two main parts of Minas Tirith that appear in the Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King. The main gate with the surrounding wall, and the citadel with Denethor's throne room/dining room. To be accurate to the movie I included the Giant pile of wood, that in the movie, is used to burn Faramir. (Note: Pippin saves him, he does not actually get harmed.) This set was created to be the battle of Minas Tirith, so I included orcs, a cavetroll, and of course, Gothmog! The set also includes other key characters, such as Gandalf the white(on Shadowfax), Pippin(Gondor), Denethor, and Faramir. I also included four Gondor soldiers to fight off the intruding orc army. As an extra feature, I included a board to brace the gates, keeping the Army of Mordor out!
1) Main gate of Minas Tirith. (including surrounding wall)
2) Citadel with Denethor's throne/dining room.
3) The White Tree of Gondor.
4) Giant pile of wood.
5) Gondor Soldiers Dining table. ( including four stools)
6) 14 detailed Minifigures, Gandalf the white, Shadowfax, Denethor, Faramir, Pippin(Gondor), Gothmog, three Mordor orcs, four Gondor soldiers, and a cavetroll.
7) four spears, two flails, three swords, one hobbit sword, one uruk-hai sword, one orc sword, one bow, one ax, one staff, four Gondor shields, one board, one full turkey(including two turkey leg pieces), two apples(one green, one red), one breadstick, one croissant, one pretzel, one sausage, one carrot, one potato, two radishes, six cherries(three red, three green), two cabbages, one onion, one platter, one bottle, one bottle of oil, five cups, two Gondor statues, and one statue of Boromir.
Please support this project, and invite everyone you know to do the same. every support is needed and appreciated. (It only takes a few seconds to support, but it makes all the difference for me.) It's about time that LEGO made a Minas Tirith set, please support to make it happen! Thanks to all who have supported and all who will support in the future, your AMAZING! Best wishes to all, Jedi Pippin