Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
High School - Modular Design
It is about time to add a High School to the LEGO Modular buildings. This 2-story high school was inspired by 1920s-1930s architecture for school buildings. The high school is modeled after a 1930 high school in the first school district in which I taught. The school building is built wider than tall, typical of most schools, and takes up a space equivalent to 2 modular (32x32) baseplates. This is created by a space of 48x32 (1-32x32 baseplate & 1-16x32 baseplate) for the school building itself. The other 16x32 baseplate space is created by 2 possible base configurations to meet your LEGO town needs. Specifications on the layout and configurations are below.
- 4 classrooms
- Principal's office
- 4 sets of lockers
- Outside courtyard with 2 picnic tables
- 2 bicycle racks, 3 bicycles (white, blue, red)
- 6 minifigures (4 teachers, librarian and principal) + 1 skeleton for the science lab
- About 2600 pieces (a little less than the Town Hall set)
- 2 possible configurations
- Total Baseplate coverage (for either configuration) = 64x32 or the space of 2 current modulars
- 3 entrances - Main double doors, 2 symmetrical rear entrances on the first floor
2 Base Plate Configurations
- Corner Building - The 1st configuration is seen in the main picture with a corner courtyard. This includes one 16x32 baseplate to create the courtyard, which includes 2 picnic tables and 2 bicycle racks that can hold up to 4 bicylces. Bicycles are stabilized by a sloped tile piece that fits under the kickstand of the bicycle. A brick built tree finishes off this corner piece.
- End-of-a-Block - The 2nd configuration is shown as a End-of-a-Block set up with two other modular buildings locking in place behind the school. This includes two 8x32 baseplates to create the wrap around sidewalks. Also, includes a striped school bus loading zone on one of the wrap around sidewalks.
- Entrance Foyer - Double door entrance, school color rug and 2 wall sconces.
- Language Arts Classroom - Contains 6 desks with chairs, 1 teacher's desk with chair, a writing desk, chalkboard, clock, and hanging LEGO Shakespeare quote.
- History Classroom - Contains 6 desks with chairs, 1 teacher's desk with chair, hanging Gettysburg Address tile, historical shield, chalkboard, clock and historical helmet decoration.
- Library - Contains a card catalog, 2 bookcases full of books, 1 table with 4 chairs, librarian's desk with chair, globe, and storage closet located under stairwell.
- Hallway - U-shaped hallway with 2 sets of lockers leading to 2 rear doors, school bell, and staircase.
- Science Classroom/Lab - Contains 6 desks with chairs, 1 teacher's desk with chair, lab table with frog dissections, 1 microscope station, chemical vent hood, astronomy poster, clock, fire extinguisher, wall controls for lab, chalkboard, and anatomy skeleton model.
- Mathematics Classroom - Contains 6 desks with chairs, 1 teacher's desk with chair, chalkboard, clock and whiteboard.
- Principal's Office - Contains desk with chair, floor lamp, diploma, phone, clock and chair for guest.
- Restroom - Contains overhead light, toilet and sink.
- Hallway - Contains an overlooking balcony into the library, 2 sets of lockers, water fountain, and chair outside the principal's office.
- Contains a brick built skylight that slides into place on rails and two micro figure statues. (No roof access for safety reasons.) The skylight overlooks the library.
- Contain drains, 2-3 lampposts depending on configuration, 1 school flagpole, 2 bicycle racks (corner configuration), brick built tree (corner configuration) and decorative corner tile designs.