Ghostbusters Ecto-1/Ecto-1a (Lego city scale)
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
1) The minifigs look small compared to the car. The Ghostbuster minifigs will have to be an important part of any Ghostbuster Lego set. They should not look small next to their car.
2) The car will look out of place next to other Lego city sets. I don't want a Ghostbusters Lego set which is only meant to sit on a shelf, I want a Ghostbusters Lego set which is meant to be played with together with existing Lego city sets (and can also be displayed on a shelf).
3) A bigger model means more bricks, and more bricks means a more expensive Lego set.
To remedy these problems I have created my own Ghostbusters Lego set. If you would like a Lego city scale Ghostbusters set, please support this project.
Ecto-1, the overhauled hearse Cadillac from the movie Ghostbusters.
The rear door can open, and from the back of the car a stretcher holding the Ghostbusters' equipment can slide out.
Ecto-1 can be converted into Ecto-1a from the movie Ghostbusters II by replacing the rooftop elements, changing the color of the searchlight, replacing the license plates, and replacing the rear bumper with a red horizontal plate.
The Ghostbusters fire station is not part of this proposal, but could be sold as a separate set. With a smaller Ghostbusters car, the fire station can also be smaller, and as a result more affordable.
The proposed set has a piece count of 299 pieces (without Ecto-1a conversion) to 361 pieces (with Ecto-1a conversion), which would make it approximately $35 to $45, or €25 to €30.
For higher resolution images see my flickr page.