Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
Bring BB-8 to Life with a LEGO model that actually Rolls!
- This Model is able to roll on a single axis while keeping BB-8's Head up on Top!
- BB-8 Comes with attachable arms for both his Electric Zapper and Thumbs-up Torch abilities
- BB-8 has a desert base station that uses a turn crank to demonstrate his rolling ability
- The base station has a compartment to hold BB-8's accessories
About the Design:
This unique BB-8 was designed with the primary goal of being able to move with his head staying up on top. The entire model was made using 100% Genuine Lego parts. His shells were of course carefully painted (and if this model is approved and created by Lego, the parts would come printed as so many Lego parts are). Inside you'll find Lego weights suspended from the central axle that bolster up two Lego magnets. Those magnets are held up close to the top of the ball and attract the two magnets built into BB-8's head. The head uses a cockpit dome (painted), hinge parts, and the smallest Lego wheels to skate on top of the body. The body's shell started out as Tatooine from the Lego Star Wars Planet series. The total part count is around 180 pieces.
This Rolling BB-8 is super fun to fidget with, roll about, and satisfies a midpoint between static model and full on electric RC. It would make a great addition to any Lego or Star Wars Fan's collection!
About the Designers:
This design was created as a joint project of mjsmiley and artbot138. We have been working on this design for some time now, and hope to see it come to Lego Life!
We appreciate everyone's support, and if we come up with further refinements, we will be sure to add updates to this project.