Welcome to the Sequoia Tree Trail!
Over a million people travel every year to visit the largest trees in the world: the Giant Sequoias! These massive trees can grow up to 350 feet tall, have up to 40-foot-wide trunks, and live for more than 3,000 years…a true wonder to behold. The giant sequoia ecosystem is home to many fascinating plants and animals, such as the Steller’s Jay and the Banana Slug. Can you find them all as you explore the Sequoia Tree Trail? Embark on a journey through history as you build these living giants!
I was inspired to create this idea when I recently visited the cousins of the Giant Sequoias: the Coastal Redwoods. I was fascinated by how large and magnificent these giant trees were. I believe that there would be many adventurers who would love to build the largest trees in the world in LEGO form.
In these ancient forests, there are many beautiful trails where visitors can explore and learn about the history of these spectacular wonders. This includes heading on over to the park’s visitor center and examining a cross-section of a real sequoia tree trunk slice. I tried to replicate these details in this idea here. This model contains 2,940 pieces and includes:
- 2 giant sequoia trees (1 large fully grown sequoia, 1 smaller)
- 1 Sequoia Tree Trail visitor center
- 1 Sequoia Tree Trail entrance sign
- 1 giant sequoia tree trunk slice
- 6 minifigures: 2 sequoia rangers and 4 adventurers
- A variety of animals that call the sequoia forests home: Banana Slugs, Douglas Squirrels, and Steller’s Jays
- A display of the plants and vegetation that paint the sequoia ecosystem
- Plus, the option to reconfigure the trail into different trail layouts!
I hope you have enjoyed your adventure on the Sequoia Tree Trail. If you would like to see the largest trees on Earth be made into a LEGO set, please support this project, and share it with your family, friends, and anyone who you think would be interested. Thank you so much for your support! :)