Here we are at another milestone! I am so grateful to all the LEGO Ideas members who supported this project! I highly value your support and feedback!!
I recently made some improvements to this model. I extended the nose 1 stud, angled the windshield, and made a new front grille. I tried replacing the gray piece with a black one, but oddly enough, the gray looks better!
This is an update to show a few of the techniques I used, particularly the sloping rear. It was rather difficult to get a nice smooth transition between the cheese slopes. In the end, I used several headlight bricks and sideways brackets to get the effect I was looking for. I am very pleased with the end result.
The other tricky part in this build was the cupholders. As you an see in the photograph, I used a combination of headlight bricks and tiles. Once again, I am very pleased with the result.
Thank you to all the people who have supported this model so far!
Here is a tremendous thank you to all 100 users who have supported this project!
For this milestone I have created some optional color schemes and a nifty new render:
I also designed a new windshield using translucent sloping bricks.
I will be posting an update with a Slingshot stopmotion commercial in the next few weeks. Once again, thank you to all who have supported this model thus far.