Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
"Welcome aboard Spaceship Earth. Journey with us now to the dawn of recorded time as we explore the amazing story of human communication." I believe this could be a challenging and educationally rewarding build as you construct the history of communication in scenes spiraling to the top of a real geodesic sphere.
Includes the history of communication in scenes from the attraction...
- Loading area
- Cave drawings
- Young Egyptian pounding reeds flat / papyrus
- Phoenician trade and communication – boat scene
- Burning and destruction of the Library of Alexandria
- Jewish & Islamic scholars preserving recorded information
- Sleeping Monk
- Gutenberg and the first movable-type printing press
- Michelangelo painting the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel
- Telephone switchboard
- Mainframe computer
- Building home computers in a garage
- History of communication scenes rotate inside the geodesic sphere.
- Hand crank can be easily removed and can also be replaced with a medium Power Fuctions motor.
- Class 2 geodesic sphere, just like the real thing!
- Made up of hexagons and pentagons, the exterior could easily be built flat with 1:1 scale drawing/instructions and then connected into a sphere.
- Model is free standing and very solid on it's three prototypical legs.
Follow my project on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LSpaceshipEarth