Prince: The Symbol of Musicology 3-In-1 Set - Wall Art, Concert Stage, and Iconic Guitar
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
- Wall Art. Using the new LEGO Art hanging system, Prince's symbol makes the perfect conversation piece on the wall of any living room, office, or music space. Let Prince's music and creative freedom inspire you on a daily basis in whatever you are building in your life. This 16.4" x 14.1" model includes 654 pieces.
- Concert Stage. For his legendary Super Bowl XVI Half-Time Show in 2007, Prince performed on a stage in the shape of his symbol for the first time, before using the same stage design over the next several years - often using a gold stage, as on his record-breaking sold-out 21 Nights in London residency at the O2 Arena, the Welcome 2 America and Welcome 2 Australia tours, and his 21 Nights in Los Angeles residency. The set includes a full live line-up based on various eras of his New Power Generation band - including Prince in his trademark purple.* Also included are some stage props and anachronistic additions that provide fun nods to his full career - including a crystal ball, from his 1987 Sign O' The Times tour, and a dove symbolizing his #1 song When Doves Cry. Included with the purple piano, which Prince used for DJ-like 'sampler sets,' and which also represents his final one-man Piano & A Microphone Tour, is a tile printed with the phrase "2 many hits..." - a phrase concert-goers heard Prince say almost every night. A variety of Prince's many guitars and other instruments are also included in this 16.4" x 14.1" 948-piece model.
- Symbol Guitar. Built by luthier Jerry Auerswald in 1993, the symbol guitar turned Prince's iconic name into the instrument he used the most. Also built in white and black versions, as well as in his trademark purple (an instrument he named "Habibi"), the gold version represented here is the only one to survive Prince's climactic guitar-flips as he threw the instrument to his guitar technician at the end of a show-stopping solo. The gold symbol guitar is now on display in Prince's musical home turned inspirational museum, Paisley Park Studios, in Chanhassen, Minnesota. This 19" x 14.1" 870-piece LEGO recreation is a perfect piece to display or to hold and 'play' using the variety of printed guitar picks as you listen to Prince's vast catalogue.