Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
The main objective was to create a playable lego inspired from the first city of gold in the cartoon 'mysterious cities of gold'.
2895 elements :
Finally the building is 2895 elements.
I can find other improvements to have about 200 less elements, that would give a 2700 bricks model
The main points :
- to have a size that allow minifigs to move in the city (i choose 4 base 32x32 on the ground and one upright)
- to be affordable.
- integrate key elements from the cartoon : doors opening, hidden parts, solar mirrors to defend the city, big central tower
- find a colour mix that reminds lightness and gold : i took yellow, tan and dark tan, gold pearl and metal gold
- adapt the city plan : i chose to design the city as a circle with dispositions inspired from Esteban's locket
- make the project real : 3 months of reflexion, 2 months of design and adaptations, one month to disassemble with photos, one month to create the notice, all that with 30 minutes a day.
- build the city with my children (the best part !!) : I offered the city the 1st January, and we built it every evening. We finished at the beginning of February.
The improvements :
- it was difficult to do exactly was i expected with bricks one can buy : to build big circles, i chose to put crooked wall on the front, and did a circular wall on the back. I would love to have a circular wall walk...
- creating sur elevated grounds is not easy (i should train a bit more)
- the stairs (i chose spiral staircase) are not easy to assemble, to exactly fit and to stay robust
- the central tower : i chose transparent cylinders, it would have been better to have pyramidal tower. I also would love to have lightened tower
The good points :
- the gold gates are very nice and ideal for this building's spirit
- the pillars (yellow or gold) are really clean and efficient
- the minifig are close to the cartoon's characters (a green parrot for pichu is really great)
- phosphorescent bricks are wonderful, while cutting of the lights... my children are fond of it