Sports Car Collector Set
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
LEGO Sports Car Collector Set
Create 2 Sports Cars and drive in style with these ultimate 6-post 1-minifig-seater sports car designs.
My proposed project includes enough blocks for two complete sports cars. One in Red and the other in Blue. You decide which style and body type making for a total of 12 different combinations. Each car is a standard 6 post wide format with about 150 bricks. I have been calling the cars a SuperGT Panther and Sparrow GT.
The SuperGT Panther can be assembled as a Coup or Spyder. The Blue SuperGT Panther is a solid blue with black ground effects. The Red SuperGT Panther features a White & Gray center stripe and the same black ground effects.
The Sparrow GT can be a Coup, Targa or Spyder. The Blue Sparrow GT featues double white racing stripes. The Red Sparrow GT features a single off-center white racing stripe.
Build both a SuperGT Panther and Sparrow GT at the same time and you choose which one is Red and which one is Blue and if each is a Coup (hard top) or Spyder/Targa (convertible). The project would also includes two LEGO Minifig drives.
I have carefully designed and crafted these two cars to comfortably transport a single LEGO Minifigure. I have refined these LEGO cars over the past few years. They don’t reflect any particular production car but they do, in their own way, resemble the ideals of modern day sports cars. Enjoy!
The 10 possible style, body type and colour combinations:
1. SuperGT Panther Coup in blue with black ground effects
2. SuperGT Panther Spyder in blue with black ground effects
3. SuperGT Panther Coup in red with white and gray center stripes and black ground effects
4. SuperGT Panther Spyder in red with white and gray center stripes and black ground effects
5. Sparrow GT Coup in blue with dual white racing stripes
6. Sparrow GT Targa in blue with dual white racing stripes
7. Sparrow GT Spyder in blue with dual white racing stripes
8. Sparrow GT Coup in red with single off-center white racing stripe
9. Sparrow GT Targa in red with single off-center white racing stripe
10. Sparrow GT Spyder in red with single off-center white racing stripe
Short description of the terms used:
GT - Typically means “Grand Touring” and is used to indicate a Sports Car with an upgraded racing package.
Coup - A two door hard top.
Targa - A convertible where just the top of the roof is removed and the root posts and rear-window remain.
Spyder - A term used for high end sports car convertibles where the entire roof is removed.