Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Presenting the nation’s first steam-driven aerial postal service, Post Air!
Set Features -
- 1,140 pieces
- Flight Works Compatible! – Connect the walkways to create a Steam-Punk themed city!
- 2 Clockwork Mechanisms:
- Steam-Crane - Turn the gear to reel in the hook & lift baskets full of mail to the second floor window.
- Takeoff/Landing Ramp – Open the doors & tip back the ramp to launch the flying machine. Tip the ramp back down for a level place to land.
- Rooftop Carrier Pigeons – For small parcels, rent an economically-priced carrier pigeon.
- 5 Minifigures - 1 Driver, 1 Maintenance Worker, 1 Secretary, 1 Rich Man, & 1 Errand Boy.
- 1 Flying Machine – Faster & more efficient than a locomotive, your package will get there before you know it!
- Clockwork Animals – 1 Large Dog, 1 Chihuahua, & 1 Beetle
Other fun details include –
- Old-Style Telephone
- Combination Safe with Gold Bars
- Boiler to Provide Steam-Power for the Crane
- Lampposts with Tesla-Coils & Iridescent Gears for Bulbs
- Trap Door Leading to the Roof
- Mail Drop-Off Boxes
- Shelving Units with Random Letters & Books
- Water-Tank Drum on the Roof
Designer’s Notes –
To expand on my Flight Works submission, I decided to create Post Air. I wanted to put a unique spin on an every-day task, so started thinking how Steam Flyers would change the way we live. I’d like to further expand on this theme, so shovel in the coal by clicking the support button! Together we’ll turn this boiler red hot & watch the steam fly!