Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
"Back to Mars - a classic space theme"
Summary: Mankind lands on Mars again, defeats the aliens, resumes exploration, starts terra forming, begins to colonize the planet and creates the first city. These steps are done in 3 phases.
Each of the existing sets follows a story line and gives some detailed information not only about a model itself, but also continues the story and takes it further:
- The Missing Link
- Mobile Space Command Base (RC)
- Space Railgun Rover & Dropship
- Battle Ship with Hangar
- Mining Tunnel Driller
- Tracked Vehicles & Service Station
- Outpost (modular extensions)
- Olympus Mons City
- Terra Forming Platform
For more detailed pictures please have a look here.
I would prefer not to use any stickers on the models. Small hard printed labels would be great, but please don't apply any stickers.
Phase 1: defeat aliens & take control over Mars - "Humans vs Alien Hive"
Phase 2: resume exploration & start terra forming - "Outpost"
Phase 3: begin colonization process - "Olympus Mons City"
I would like to present the latest addition to the theme: Terra Forming Platform "TFP"
Some more ideas / extensions:
- R&D Center (stand-alone black cubical building for research & development)
- Harvester & Planting Vehicles (e.g. a tripod with drones?), Mining Units
- Orbital Space Habour & Spacecrafts
- Alternative Power Plant (wind or geothermal energy)
- Civil Airport & Future City (incl. vehicles)
- Railway Network & Station (or an alternative transportation network)
- Military Headquater (for our troopers?)
2012.05.21 "The Missing Link" published
2012.05.22 introduced new ideas about anti-gravity, colonization and terra forming
2012.05.22 "Back to Mars: Colonization" (new home base with modular building blocks)
2012.05.22 "Back to Mars: Terra Forming" (new vehicles, spacecrafts and orbital habour)
2012.05.22 "Back to Mars: Olympus Mons City" (new buildings and infrastructure)
2012.05.24 The Hive with alien hordes and combs added
2012.05.28 "Speeder" published
2012.08.07 new Railgun Rover with Rocker-bogie Suspension (honor to Curiosity)
2012.08.08 "Superiority" rover published
2012.12.28 "Battle Ship" published
2013.01.07 "Tunneler" published
2013.02.04 "Tracked Vehicles & Service Station" published
2013.02.17 "Outpost (modular extensions)" published
2013.02.25 "Olympus Mons City" published
2013.03.01 "Back to Mars - a classic space theme" published
2013.03.01 links from all sets to the theme added
2013.03.25 "Terra Forming Platform" published
Note: The models were created with LDD.