Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
It's a pity that Reginald Mitchell's most beautiful design was intended to be a fighter, which means it was built for war and we are unlikely to see it as an official Lego set. I propose an alternative: a Spitfire converted for racing!
The model is 1/40 scale, the first complete Lego model I've built in 2-3 years, and it is based on G-AISU, a 1949 racer converted from a Spit Mk. V. Features:
- Fully retractable landing gear
- Swap out the default engine block for the separate "panels off" engine, which shows off the detailed Merlin 45 engine! (See attached pictures)
- Fits one whole minifig, with space in the cockpit for controls
- If required, model can also be mounted on a Lego stand