Martian Tripod - War of the Worlds
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
This is my recreation of the Martian Tripod as seen in War of the Worlds (2005).
The set includes:
- Martian Tripod fighting machine with fully poseable limbs, movable tendrils, rotating head, equitable laser cannons, (as seen on the first image below), and two cages for capturing it's enemies as seen in the film. The two cages can be detached to simulate a escape from the prisoners.
- Ray Ferrier (Tom Cruise)
- Martian minifigure. (The head of the martian is attached to a droid body part with a 48729 Clip Mechanical Claw & a 85861. Lego Plate, Round 1 x 1 with Open Stud.
Tripod: 404 bricks
Martian: 8 bricks
Ray: 10 Bricks (like a generic figure with head peice)
I would love to build such a iconic character from science fiction history as a real set. The Tripod is massively tall because of it's sturdy ball and socket joint limbs and so hopefully it would make for a nice piece in your collection. Thank you for any support!