LEGO Sports Car Collection
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
LEGO Sports Car Collector Set
Create 2 Sports Cars and drive in style with these ultimate 6-post 1-minifig-seater sports car designs.
My proposed project includes enough blocks for two complete sports cars. One in Red and the other in Blue. You decide which style and body type from a total of 28 different configurations. Each car is a standard 6 post wide format with about 150 blocks. The kit requires a total of about 480 blocks. I have named the cars a SuperGT Panther and Sparrow GT.
The SuperGT Panther can be assembled as a Coup, Spyder or SuperGTR Race Car. The Blue Panther is a solid blue with black ground effects and the SuperGTR includes double Orange stripes. The Red SuperGT Panther and SuperGTR features a White & Gray center stripe and the same black ground effects.
The Sparrow GT can be a Coup, Targa, Spyder, Nomad or GT3 Race Car. The Blue Sparrow GT features double white racing stripes. The Red Sparrow GT features a single off-center white racing stripe.
The Sparrow GT Coup, Targa and Spyder can be modified into a Sparrow RS Coup, Targa or Spyder. You can also Supercharge the Sparrow RS with an exposed engine design.
Build both a Panther and Sparrow at the same time and you choose which one is Red and which one is Blue and if each is a Coup, Spyder/Targa, Nomad (Sparrow only), or Race Car. The project would also includes two LEGO Minifig drives, one of which would likely be my Minifig, Marcus Firegone.
I have carefully designed and crafted these two cars to comfortably transport a single LEGO Minifigure. I have refined these LEGO cars over the past few years. They don’t reflect any particular production car but they do, in their own way, resemble the ideals of modern day sports cars. The Panther is a mid-engine supercar inspired design like a Ferrari or Lamborghini. The Sparrow is a front-engine, rear wheel drive sports car inspired design like a Corvette or Mustang. Once your Minifig slides into the drivers seat of one of these Marcus Firegone creations there is no turning back. Built by Minifigs for Minifigs! Enjoy!
Looking for a BLACK versions of these cars? Check out my LEGO Sports Car Garage: "https://ideas.lego.com/projects/144069"
The 28 different configurations based on style, body type and colour combinations:
- SuperGT Panther Coup in BLUE
- SuperGT Panther Spyder in BLUE
- SuperGTR Panther in BLUE (inlcuded in Project Picture)
- SuperGT Panther Coup in RED
- SuperGT Panther Spyder in RED (included in Project Picture)
- SuperGTR Panther in RED
- Sparrow Nomad in BLUE
- Sparrow Nomad in RED
- Sparrow GT Coup in BLUE (included in Project Picture)
- Sparrow GT Targa in BLUE
- Sparrow GT Spyder in BLUE
- Sparrow GT Coup in RED
- Sparrow GT Targa in RED
- Sparrow GT Spyder in RED (included in Project Picture)
- Sparrow GT3 in BLUE
- Sparrow GT3 in RED
- Sparrow RS Coup in BLUE
- Sparrow RS Targa in BLUE
- Sparrow RS Spyder in BLUE
- Sparrow RS Coup in RED
- Sparrow RS Targa in RED
- Sparrow RS Spyder in RED
- Supercharged Sparrow RS Coup in BLUE
- Supercharged Sparrow RS Targa in BLUE
- Supercharged Sparrow RS Spyder in BLUE
- Supercharged Sparrow RS Coup in RED
- Supercharged Sparrow RS Targa in RED
- Supercharged Sparrow RS Spyder in RED
Short description of the terms used:
- GT - “Grand Touring” - Sports Car racing package.
- RS - "Rally Sport" - Sports Car racing package.
- Coup - A two door hard top.
- Targa - A convertible where just the top of the roof is removed and the root posts and rear-window remain.
- Spyder - A term used for high end sports car convertibles where the entire roof is removed.
- Nomad - Sport Wagon
- GTR - "Grand Touring Racing"
- GT3 - "Grand Touring" Racing classification