Hot Rod Pick Up Truck
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
The challenge of this project was that I only wanted to use the parts of set 42056, the Porsche. In fact it is a B-model of that set. After the build of this Hot Rod and a display stand for it, there were about 200 parts left over. If I get some more inspiration I will try to build something out of the left-over parts as well!
The features of the Hot Rod Pick Up Truck are:
- Size L x B x H: 49 x 22 x 20 cm
- Full drive train
- Hi-low 4-speed gear box with two levers
- Steering with steering wheel
- Independent suspension
- Adjustable ground clearance
- Fake engine with moving pistons
- Opening doors
- Closed cargo floor
- Body can be easily separated from the chassis
The second and third picture show you the difference between maximum and minimum ground clearance. So you see that with minimum ground clearance there is almost no suspension possible anymore! I had to build in the front suspension one stud shorter than what is normal, because otherwise that suspension was too weak. In the last picture you see the stand that I made from left-over parts.
Well, hope you like the model and pictures and remember, you can make this model by just using the parts of set 42056!