RuPaul's Brick Race
Last Updated ago. Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
“Minifigs, start your engines and may the best woman win!”
Introducing RuPaul’s Brick Race, a LEGO Ideas project inspired by LOGO TV’s long-running RuPaul’s Drag Race.
RuPaul’s Brick Race includes a cast of fan favourites who can prepare for, and compete in, Clutch Game - a family-friendly equivalent of a popular celebrity impersonation challenge from the series (in the style of Match Game and Blankety-Blanks).
Comprised of a backstage Workroom and Main Stage, this model attempts to fuse the colours, fun, creativity and humour of the RuPaul and LEGO universes.
The set is hinged in two places and includes free standing elements, allowing flexibility for play and display.
Workroom features include:
- a TV monitor for challenge announcements
- a prep area and mirror (where departing contestants can scrawl a customary lipstick farewell message)
- Wig options, a tailoring form, sewing equipment and makeup (including a jar of M.O.C. brand cosmetics)
The Main Stage is ready for game-show capers with name cards, stage lighting and a podium for RuPaul, the host with the most.
RuPaul’s Brick Race includes 8 Minifigs:
- RuPaul in three variations: Leopard-print runway gown, iconic racing jumpsuit (with checkered flag) and smartly suited for “Clutch Game” (microphone and question cards in hand.)
- Jinkx Monsoon as Little Edie: Everyone’s favourite Grey Gardens recluse has come prepared with a tin of Sell’s Liver Pate (or did she bring cat food by mistake? Honestly, she can never quite tell...)
- Bianca Del Rio as Judge Judy: Order in the court! This famously no-fuss TV Judge is ready to bang her gavel and let you know when she smells baloney!
- Katya Zamolodchikova as Björk: “I was supposed to munch my answer card, no?” Oh well, Björk will have to busy herself with her bubble wand.
- Alyssa Edwards as Katy Perry: America's candy-clad sweetheart is ready to showcase her merchandise (with killer perfume to splash about)
- Milk as Julia Child: What does this charming TV chef have on the boil? Will her performance be underdone? (...we hear she's no Meryl) Nevermind, Julia can always console herself with a croissant or two.
Why I made this project
I was looking for a project that would:
- Be a challenge (requiring me to learn new tricks and software along the way)
- Take some time and could be savoured (I’ve been working on this one for a few hours each week for, well, a long while!)
- Provide a chance to contribute something new to the LEGO universe
But mostly, I stuck at creating RuPaul’s Brick Race because it was fun! At its core, the subject material this set is based on is whimsical, colourful and full of life and I think these are qualities that marry well with the medium of LEGO.
Want to support RuPaul's Brick Race?
“If you can’t support this LEGO Ideas project, how're you gonna love someone else's?!”
Can I get an amen?
Please consider clicking the big blue “Support” button. It's free to do and would make my day! You may need to create and verify a LEGO ID to show your support. Please stick with it for your vote to count :)
Once you’ve done that, you might also consider sharing this project with your friends. You'll have the option to do that once you click “Support” button above, and you can also find images and links to share on:
Thanks for reading!