Computed Tomography Scanner Medical Equipment
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Description of the created model:
On the radiology department of a hospital, several x-ray equipment is used for patient examinations.
The model shown here is a computed tomography scanner (CT).
A CT scanner is used to generate cross-sectional based images (virtual slices) of the human body, being able to better find and view abnormalities.
Why creating this model:
I started to build this model, because I have been a CT service engineer for many years and always thought that this was, and still is, a great machine.
About this project:
The model shown here is based on a real CT scanner
- It's build with Lego Technic and Lego Mindstorms parts on a scale of 1:6.
- The patient table (couch) can really move up/down and also inward/outward.
- The frame (gantry) can tilt forward/backward.
- The frame rotor part can also really rotate like in a real CT.
- Currently working on the programming of the EV3 controller, to simulate real CT examinations.
- With some minor modifications, the EV3 controlled motors can be replaced by remote controlled motors and manual operating.
Why would you support it:
This model can show nice how a CT scanner works.
It's nice to build with all the mechanical functions and EV3 control.
Not only cranes, trucks, cars and so on, are great engineering, but also medical equipment.
I hope you like the concept and are willing to support it.
Thanks in advance.