Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Geniuses are not born, they are built.
There have been some special, authentic, and brilliant minds that have changed the science through history. In this project, I would like to propose four scientists with their own vignettes to represent them in LEGO style.
From a huge list of scientists with a great mindset in science, the most prominent I chose to be represented in The Great Minds set are:
-Albert Einstein, rebel and bohemian (1879-1955)
"The important thing is to not stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing".
The best known scientist of all time, the mathematician and physicist that developed the Special and General theories of relativity, winner of the Nobel Prize for physics for his explanation of the photoelectric effect and considered the most influential physicist of the 20th Century.
-Marie Curie, a woman without barriers (1867-1934)
"You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end, each of us must work for our own improvement".
A Polish and naturalized-French physicist and chemist who conducted pioneering research on radioactivity. Curie was the first woman to win a Nobel Prize and become a professor at the University of Paris, also the first person to claim Nobel honors twice, in Physics and Chemistry. Her efforts with her husband Pierre led them to the discovery of polonium and radium, and she got the recognition for development of X-rays.
-Galileo Galilei, a controversial scientist (1564-1642)
"Measure what is measurable, and make measurable what is not so":
A controversial Italian astronomer, mathematician, physicist, philosopher and professor who made pioneering observations of nature with long-lasting implications for the study of physics. Beyond his contributions to science, he was a relevant man for the history of mankind with a thought ahead of his time.
-Isaac Newton, a particular genius (1643-1727)
"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants".
An English physicist and mathematician, credited as one of the greatest minds of the 17th-Century. The developer of the principles of modern physics, including the laws of motion and writer of the single most influential book on physics (Mathematical Principles of Natural Philosophy), knighted by Queen Anne of England making him Sir Isaac Newton.
Each scientist comes with a special vignette designed with some references to the scientific developments of each one, capturing the essence of their workspace.
- Einstein Vignette: capturing the iconic blackboard with some text and the classic equation e=mc2, maintaining the cluttered look in the desk. It consist of 194 pieces including a baseplate showing his name and his Nobel Prize.
- Curie Vignette: using lots of pieces to represent instruments that she used in her experiments, artefacts who helped her to win the Nobel Prize. It consist of 236 pieces including a baseplate showing her name and her two Nobel Prizes.
- Galileo Vignette: a little scene with architecture of his time, showing two phases of the moon, the Galilean telescope, a thermoscope, a pendulum and a Galileo's compass. It consist of 206 pieces including a baseplate showing his name.
- Newton Vignette: capturing her classic contributions like the Newtonian telescope, the scene of an apple on a tree, some spheres to do experiments for mechanic studies, the prism with the spectral colors and some notes about calculus. It consist of 171 pieces including a baseplate showing his name.
In total, this project contains 824 pieces including the four minifigures.
Let me know what you think about this idea in the comments section and help this project to reach 10K supporters by sharing with your friends and people that you think would love it too.
Thanks for your time.
If you liked this project you can check my other idea here >>Tyrannocow<<.