Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
A LEGO Brick-built Astronaut for all the space enthusiast~!
This project is a tribute to all the brilliant engineers and brave astronauts at NASA, who made the miracle of space exploration a reality.
If you like this LEGO Astronaut idea, please vote for it by hitting the support button~
10000 supports can turn this into a real Lego set! 🚀
This model is based on the NASA Extravehicular Mobility Unit (EMU) spacesuit design, often used in missions to the International Space station (ISS).
The set also comes with the Manned Maneuvering Unit (MMU).
The MMU is used by Bruce McCandless II, who performed the first untethered spacewalk in history.
The iconic image of an astronaut free floating in space was taken during this spacewalk mission.
The new generation SAFER unit is also included. A more compact version of the MMU jetpack, it is not only used by NASA, but also by brave Astronauts from many nations in missions to the ISS.
- The Astronaut has 12 joints for posing, and individually movable fingers.
- The helmet comes with adjustable light units on two sides.
- The MMU has foldable handles and the iconic camera unit on top corner.
- The prints for NASA and mission logos are carefully chosen and placed, accurate to the real spacesuit.
- Model dimensions: 25 x 20 x 30 lego studs / 20.5 x 15.6 x 25 cm / 8” x 6.3” x 10”
Total piece count: 927
Want to bring this LEGO Astronaut home, please vote by pressing the support button. 🚀