NASA SLS & Orion Spacecraft
Last Updated ago. Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
Join us on a JOURNEY TO MARS!
Want to hold a piece of humanity's future in the palm of your hand? Then check out our newest nano-scale design: the NASA Space Launch System and Orion spacecraft! Currently in development and entering the final stages of testing before its first human-helmed missions, these 70, 105 & 130 ton, 321, 364 & 365-foot-tall behemoth will take astronauts back to the Moon, and eventually on to Mars, hopefully in the next 10 to 15 years.
Designed in collaboration by Eurquieta, whatsuptoday & 10000ukuleles, the creators who brought you the nano-scale Saturn-V Lego Ideas project, this brand-new 1:600 scale, 1,008-piece model features similar attention to detail and great playability as previous nano-scale designs. A few of these details include:
- multi-component construction for easy playability and display, including:
- 1x crawler-transporter
- 1x brand-new launch tower
- 2x true-scale lower rocket stage variations
- 8x upper stage variations based on existing and proposed mission profiles
- 1x display stand with descriptive labels for each component
- many movable and posable parts, such as:
- synchronized crawler treads
- adjustable height and folding gateways for both optional models of rocket
- elevator-equipped tower extending from ground to the highest gateway
- hinged flaps for exhaust control below the launchpad
- and much more
- thoughtful construction that includes many reinforcements for sturdiness and playability, with three hidden rigid hoses to strengthen the rocket structure
Please vote for and support this project and help make a piece of the future into an official Lego set!