Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
- Appa has a large ball joint between his head and his body allowing vertical and horizontal movement of his head.
- His mouth can open and close.
- There is a small ball joint at the top of each leg allowing the legs to be positioned in different directions. (see pictures)
- There is also a small ball joint at the ankle of each leg allowing the feet to rotate as well as flex up and down. (see pictures)
- I did succeed in building legs with bendable knees, but they just did not look as nice and were not as strong as straight rigid legs.
- Each foot has three posable toes
- The tail has four joints in it that allow it to either bend up or down.
- Appa's head has studs to allow Aang or another minifigure to sit on his head, and the saddle on his back is capable of seating up to four minifigures.
- Total points of articulation: 36
- Aang - Similar to original Lego figure that was released in 2006, maybe with updated face artwork.
- Includes: Staff and airbending piece (the staff could also include wings so that it can be converted into a glider, in the original Lego sets the glider was far to large)
- Katara - Have the correct color for the skin tone of the character and include updated face artwork, and possibly a new Lego hair piece.
- Extra pieces: waterbending pieces
- Sokka - Have the correct color for the skin tone of the character and include updated face artwork, and possibly a new Lego ponytail hair piece.
- Extra pieces: Sokka's trusty boomerang
- Toph - New figure with new face artwork and if possible a new Lego hair piece that more properly fits the way it appears in the show.
- Includes earthbending piece
- Momo - (not shown in images) was not available to use in the digital building tools but would obviously need to be included in the set.
- Other figures would always be welcome as well: such as Zuko, uncle Iroh, Suki, or even past avatars like avatar Roku or Kyoshi.
- Part count: 1078 (including Momo)
- When using a digital building tool it is very difficult to judge just how much structural reinforcement a set needs, so chances are quite a few parts could be removed from within appa.
- Appa dimensions: 13 stud width x 31.8 stud length x 14.4 stud height (4.1 inches x 10 inches x 4.5 inches)
- Built and rendered using Lego Digital Designer, Mecabricks, and Lego Studio 2.0