Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Who am I?
I am Hong Kong based builder. I love to build various detailed LEGO models. I love my family and always get inspired by them to build the creation. In this set, you will find the minifigure citizen represent to my family : me , my son (baby) and my wife. :D
Tong Lau is used to describe tenement buildings built in late 19th century to the 1960s in Hong Kong, Macau, southern China and Taiwan. Designed for both residential and commercial uses, they are similar in style and function to the shophouses of Southeast Asia. The Pawn is a one of Hong Kong tradition (Tong Lau) building in the early 19th century. The four bays of balcony type tenement buildings form a continuous facade verandah facing the road. The huge banner, symbol of a pawn shop in Hong Kong is a bat holding a coin within the word “大押”, it means Pawn. I built this for whom like Chinese historical feelings and had memories one as a child.
I built Leyland Truck and the double-decker tram (We called as Ding Ding) to enhance the set. They are classic vehicles in Hong Kong. Tram is the earliest forms of public transport in the metropolis.
What’s other in the set?
In the set , you can find minifigures scene in 8 rooms to represent various Chinese living culture :
- Dry clothes, morning exercise for elder citizen and young lady in the roof
- Playing Mahjong overnight
- In child age, parent guide us for ancestor worship always
- In Lunar new year , we prepare a potted panama orange to give the house a festive mood. The married also give red packets to the unmarried, children for good luck.
- The Kungfu master is teaching martial art in Kungfu Club.
- Chinese restaurant , we call as Cha Chaan Teng. It is good place for couple and children. We like to enjoy “Milk-Tea” and “Egg Tart” everyday.
- Pawn, follows the Chinese tradition, the counter is typically higher than the average person for security. A customer can only hold up his hand to offer belongings.
What can we do in the set?
The set is represented to one of landmark, historical building "Wo Cheong Pawn Shop" in Hong Kong. It is packed with several items, local vehicles, minifigures scene. In the Pawn set , you can build different of details for fun, also, you can understand more about our history, living culture and metropolis in early of Hong Kong until now.