All Terrain Space Exploration Truck
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
About This Project
This project is a larger size vehicle to go with my Space Base project that I created. This truck is a mobile lab for collecting and analyzing samples. The lab has a microscope and computers for processing the samples taken. The cockpit holds one minifigure and opens from the top for easy access. The lab opens from the top and the back for easy access and so the minifigures can exit through the back. On the back of the deck is the crane for loading and unloading the sample collection kit or moving large boulders. It is remote controlled and the remote is located on the cranes base. The sample collection kit contains tools, sample jars, and three larger containers for bigger samples. Also on the back deck is the ladder which folds up/down so the minifigures can get down off the truck easily. On the roof of the lab is a giant spotlight which can spin 360 degrees and tilt back and forth. Also on the roof is the communications array. The tires on this truck are all independently adjustable so that the truck is able to adapt to almost any terrain. The joints I used to make this possible have the ability to lock in the position that you put them in and hold it. This feature makes the truck have many different stances and looks depending on how you set the wheels.
- Cockpit holds one minifigure and opens on the top for easy access.
- The lab holds one minifigure and opens on the top and the back for easy access and so the minifigures can exit out the back.
- Ladder that swings and folds into place and back up when traveling.
- Crane that can spin 360 degrees and has many points of articulation.
- Spotlight that spins 360 degrees and tilts up/down.
- Communications array can spin 360 degrees and tilt up and down.
- The wheels all have independent adjustable suspension that can lock in place to hold whatever stance is needed.
- Two minifigures.
- Minifigure accessories like a remote control for the crane, a pickaxe, a drill, and sample jars.
I think this set is a good vehicle to go with my Space Base or any other space sets. Please support and share if you like it too. Thank you very much for your time and support.
Thank you for your support.