Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
The Talyllyn Railway is a narrow gauge railway in Wales running from Tywyn to Nant Gwernol that opened in 1866. It was originally used for mining before the quarry closed in 1946. The railway was then rescued by the Preservation Society in 1951. The railway is now a tourist destination where people can take train rides.
This project proposal includes a coach and five of the railway's twelve locomotives: Talyllyn, Dolgoch, Sir Haydn, Edward Thomas, and Douglas.
I think this would make a great set for children, as well as collectors and railway enthusiasts.
Some fun facts about the Talyllyn Railway:
- 2021 will mark the 70th anniversary of the railway's preservation.
- The Railway Series author Rev. Wilbert V. Awdry had once worked there, and the railway and it's locomotives were used as inspiration for the Skarloey Railway (Talyllyn became the inspiration for Skarloey, Dolgoch became Rheneas, Sir Haydn became Sir Handel, Edward Thomas became Peter Sam, and Douglas became Duncan). There is currently a museum exhibit at dedicated to him at the railway.