Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
2001 – A Space Odyssey is one of the most iconic science fiction films of all time. This model captures four key moments from the film:
- Primitive Earth and the apes find the ‘Black Monolith’ which has dimensions 1:4:9. You are left to wonder if contact with the monolith has influenced human evolution.
- The moment where a shuttle approaches a huge space station in orbit above the Earth. The special effects and images of this combined with great classical music is one of THE great sci-fi sequences and was created years before the reality of a shuttle and space station. The shuttle can move on a ball.
- Bowman, the mission commander is inside the HAL 9000 trying to survive a computer trying to kill all humans onboard because of conflicts in its programming. One of the first times the concept of a killer computer came to such a wide audience.
- Bowman, now an old man, finally encounters the monolith in a strange and luxurious room, shortly before being transformed by the monolith in the next phase of human evolution.
For science fiction fans I hope this will capture a great film and allow you to enjoy it all over again – maybe inspire you to watch it again.
Dimensions – 660 Bricks on a 32x32 Base