Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Solar Dynamics Observatory model (SDO)
This space observatory was launched by NASA 's February 11, 2010.
It 'was designed to study the sun without interruption during 24 hours.
Its orbit, geosynchronous, located 36,000 kilometers away from Earth.
The main tools, I have played in the model are:
- Extreme Ultraviolet Variability Experiment:
this is a tool that will measure the emission of solar ultraviolet radiation at regular intervals, accuracy and precision
- Helioseismic and Magnetic Imager:
It is a tool that studies solar variability and the various components of solar activity magnetic
- Atmospheric Imaging Assembly:
provide an image of the solar disk in the different bands of ultraviolet and extreme ultraviolet high temporal and spatial resolution
The model is composed of about 220 pieces.