Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
This is a Lego version of an apiary (also known as a bee yard) which is a place where bee hives of honey bees are kept. The set would include two beekeepers, three bee hives, a hive tool, and hive smoker.
This set would make a nice addition to any farming or gardening collection.
Some Honey Bee fun facts:
- Honeybees are not native to the USA. They are European in origin, and were brought to North America by the early settlers.
- Honey bees fly at 15 miles per hour.
- Honey bees' wings stroke 11,400 times per minute, thus making their distinctive buzz.
- Honeybees are the only insect that produce food for humans.
- Honeybees never sleep!
- Honeybees will usually travel approximately 3 miles from their hive.
- A populous colony may contain 40,000 to 60,000 bees during the late spring or early summer.
- Out of 20,000 species of bees, only 4 make honey.
- Honey is the ONLY food that includes all the substances necessary to sustain life, including water.