Terraforming Bee Spaceship Mech
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Imagine a future where humans terraform Mars. How would we grow the plant life there? What would bee the solution? The TERRA-FB 1 spaceship mech!
Click the support button on the right to vote for this to become a real LEGO set!
If we reach 10,000 supporters, LEGO will review the project.
- This set includes 267 pieces.
- Spaceship mech features posable antennae, legs and wings.
- Cockpit opens and has a computer screen and pilot seat.
- Each side of the spaceship mech has a water spout and a connectable water element.
- Open the hidden compartment in the back to reveal the 4 seed cannons!
- Use the water pieces on the surface of Mars and make the plant sprout.
While the bees bring new life over great distances on Earth, the TERRA-FB 1 will bring new life to other worlds.
Watch an animation of the TERRA-FB 1 in action here: https://twitter.com/buggyirk/status/968695539372933120
I have built this model in real life to test it's stability and playability.
I originally created this project for the contest "LEGO Moments in Space". I am submitting it here because of the positive feedback it received from the LEGO community. When I came up with this Idea, I thought a bee spaceship would be cute and cool looking. The concept of terraforming Mars was incorporated due to how involved bees are in the pollination of plant life on Earth.
I believe this would make a great LEGO set because of it's unique design, playability, affordability and educational subject matter. This set would be in the price range of $20 to $30 USD because of the low part count and the fact that it's not based on an existing intellectual property.
Click here to see my other projects gathering support on LEGO Ideas: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/discover#search/q:buggyirk/f:projectStateFi...