Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Are ya ready kids!
"There it is, the finest eating establishment ever established for eating - The Krusty Krab, home of the Krabby Patty, with the Help Wanted sign on the window!" - SpongeBob SquarePants, 1999.
Ahoy! This idea serves as a celebration of SpongeBob, a love letter to a big influence of my childhood!
The set with 2824 pieces total features 6 standard minifigures, plus Gary and Plankton. It has the building itself, the clamshell sign, an enter sign, the dumpster, and the iconic Patty Wagon!
The minifigures -
There's a wide selection of updated minifigs, this includes the main 7 and a regular fish customer.
- We of course have SpongeBob, with his work hat and spatula ready for flipping patties!
- Can't have SpongeBob without his pet snail Gary! Gary's here with updated colors.
- Patrick comes next, with his favorite instrument, a jar of mayonaise.
- Squidward has his work hat and clarinet.
- Mr. Krabs has a new printed dollar note and his Krabby Patty Secret Formula™ kept in a bottle.
- Sandy has a new tail piece and a printed dome allowing her to breathe underwater.
- Plankton may be small, but with his patty robot he can get just about anywhere! It has moveable claw legs, and just you wait 'til it shifts into maximum overdrive!
- Finally, rev up those fryers because Fred's here! He's here as a regular customer.
The build -
The rest of the build is split up into four bits, The Krusty Krab itself, the clamshell sign, the dumpster and the Patty Wagon.
- The Patty Wagon has a sesame seed finish, steel belted pickles, grill leather interior, and under the hood - a fuel-injected french-fryer with dual overhead grease traps. Mr. Krabs uses it for promotional reasons! Complete with the red flag sporting the Krusty Krab name and the 2-GO licence plate.
- The clamshell sign has a printed panel with the restaurant's logo, and beneath has some lush Bikini Bottom sealife, including a jellyfish!
- The dumpster can be closed and opened and comes with 3 trash bags. Someone's written Squidward smells!
The Krusty Krab itself can be taken apart in 6 parts. The front, top and back roof, the front and back walls, and the interior roof. You can take the entire front or entire back off for easy access and better playability.
The dining area has 4 tables, Squidward's register boat, condiment island, a trash can with a nasty patty and some leftover Krusty Krab pizza and a Krabby Patty. On the wall you'll find SpongeBob's employee of the month photo.
There are two support masts with lookout posts above, with hanging nets.
Above the door is the shipwheel clock, and some prints on the door and windows feature the Help Wanted sign, the Krabby Patty sign and Squidward's "loser" grafitti on the door.
Inside the rooms you'll find the bathroom, the kitchen, and Mr. Krabs' office.
- The bathroom has one toilet stall, a sink and mirror and a locker for the workers belongings.
- With tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, onions and buns the kitchen features all you'll need for preparing patties! SpongeBob's famous grill can fire up patties next to the fryer for some fries. Besides that is some pots and pans above condiments and some jars for Patrick to take the lid off of. Finished with the sink and a bucket to clean.
- Mr. Krabs' office has his chest desk, office chair and the all-important safe for money and the secret formula. Mr Krab's first dollar is framed, and you'll find a seat for meetings with employees.
To end -
This idea has been reworked from my previous submission, and I've included a lot of fun references to the show! As a long-time fan myself I've filled this with love and attention to detail. I strongly believe a return of LEGO SpongeBob would be much loved by many!
This was very fun (and at times, challenging) to design, and I learnt a lot from my experience in setting everything up for this submission!
Your support for this idea would be incredibly appreciated and very welcome! :)
Thank you everyone for your support, have an amazing day! <3