Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
1) What is it? Sprint cars are high-powered race cars designed primarily for the purpose of running on short oval or circular dirt or paved tracks. Sprint car racing is popular in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa.
Sprint cars have a very high power-to-weight ratio, at a weight of approximately 1,400 pounds (640 kg) (including the driver) for a 410 Sprint car, power outputs of over 900 horsepower (670 kW) are commonplace for these machines, which is around 140-340 more horsepower than a 2014 Formula One engine. Typically they are powered by a naturally aspirated, mechanically fuel injected (methanol) American V8 with an engine displacement of 410 cubic inches (6.7L) capable of engine speeds of 9000 rpm. Depending on the mechanical setup (engine, gearing, shocks, etc.) and the track layout these cars achieve speeds in excess of 160 mph.
2) Why did you build it? I have always loved sprint cars and I wanted a challenge to build something different and without instructions.
3) Why do you believe it would make a great LEGO set? This is a fun and original build with the following features:
- Working Suspension
- Working Steering
- Detailed engine
- Removable wings
- Removable hood & fuel tank
- Detailed cockpit