Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Presentation of the set:
Welcome to the Great Comfortable Home! Its richly decorated facade reminds everyone in the City who is the richer. Inside, you may discover many rooms that make the beauty of the residence.
On the first floor, guests are welcomed in the great hall. Take them to the dinning room where they will admire family treasures: the magnificence grand-ma’s clock and the bust of the grandparent who went to the colonies to make his fortune. You will enjoy a delicious meal cooked in the old-fashioned kitchen fitted with all the modern equipment. Do not forget to feed the cat.
On the second floor, dad is enjoying the fireplace watching TV with his faithful companion on his side. In need to refresh? No problem, the bathroom is right across the corridor.
It is bedtime! Kids jump in their bed while parents reach their bedroom on the third floor. In the morning, mum will spruce herself up on her dressing table: all the cosmetics she needs are here.
If they are not afraid of spiders, kids can explore the attic and play with old family souvenirs from the colonies: a Chinese fan, old hats, Egyptian parchments, rusty sabers, and a hunting gun. But do not go in the nanny’s room: it is her private place. This room is fully fitted with a washbasin, a table, a wardrobe, and a bed.
- Includes five minifigures: mum, dad, two kids and the nanny.
- The residence has a kitchen, a dining room, a living room, a bathroom, two bedrooms, a maid’s room in the attic, and a little garden in the back.
- The kitchen is fitted with an oven, a cooker hood, a refrigerator, cupboards, and a table with milk and cookies.
- The dining room is fitted with a dining table, four chairs, the grandparent’s bust and an old clock.
- The living room is fitted with a fireplace, a flat screen TV, and a sofa.
- The bathroom is fitted with an Italian shower, a washbasin, and a toilet.
- The parents’ bedroom is fitted with a double bed, two beside tables, an alarm clock, a chest of drawers, and a dressing table with a lipstick and perfumes.
- The kids’ bedroom is fitted with two single bed, two bedside tables, a MP3 player, and a shelf.
- The attic includes a fan, two hats, a hunting gun, sabers, a chest, boxes, a desk, a broom, and a spider.
- The maid’s room is fitted with a bed, a bedside table, a washbasin, a table, a chair, a shelf, and a hairbrush.
- The Great Comfortable Home measures over 16.5” (42cm) high, 9” (25cm) wide and 9” (25cm) deep.
About the construction:
I wanted to create a big modular home with tan bricks and a black roof. First came the idea to use the black modified tile from collectible minifigure series for the roof. I made a few tests to be sure it would be strong enough and that I would be able to put windows. When it was okay, the roof gave me the depth of the building: 18 studs.
Then I started to build the home, floor by floor. On the front, I used a lot of golden pieces and try to add many details to have richly decorated building. The back is a lot simpler as it’s not seen from the street.
Once all the walls were built, I furnished the home, room by room. I tried to put as many details as I could in each room to give the home an historical background and a family life.
I decided to put 5 minifigures in this set: a dad, a mom, two kids (boy and girl) and a nanny, plus a dog and a cat. I used neutral faces as a tribute to the first modular buildings.
You will find more picture of this Great Comfortable Home there : https://photos.freelug.org/main.php/v/RIGO/moc/grande_demeure_bourgeoise/